Machining Technician - 2nd Shift
Royal Boon Edam is a global market leader in entry solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, with 140 years of experience in engineering quality, we have gained extensive expertise in managing the movement of people through office buildings, airports, healthcare facilities, hotels and many other types of buildings.
Veterans and active military are greatly encouraged and welcomed to join our Boon Edam team.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Great benefits package that includes: medical, dental, life insurance, 401k with matching, short and long term disability, Boon Edam pays 100% medical premiums for the employee and their family, PTO, paid holidays, employee assistance programs, and more!
- Advancement opportunities as the company continues to grow
Purpose/General Description: Setup and perform a variety of metal forming tasks including; cutting, machining, bending, polishing and minor CNC programming / offsets to complete the product and prepare for shipping to the next customer. Openings available for 1st and 2nd shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently practice safe work habits and abide by all safety policies and guidelines
- Validate program accuracy by running sample parts - measure features per drawings
- Maintain inventories of raw materials and parts using established control procedures
- Safely handle materials and material handling equipment to prevent injuries, prevent damage to equipment and to ensure the quality of the product
- Do complex setups, recall and edit programs and make offsets as required to meet quality and production requirements on various types of CNC and manual machining equipment
- Fabricate part holding fixtures as required to maintain quality and safety
- Train lesser experienced employees in the area
- Load, initiate machine cycle, unload, clean and consistently inspect parts
- Organize and complete tasks on-time to meet the production schedule requirements
- Maintain house keeping and safety, preform user maintenance of all equipment
- Accurately record time and material data as required for production reporting
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent (Associate Degree in Machining is a plus)
- 1-2 years experience operating CNC and manual machining equipment
- Thorough knowledge of work holding systems, tooling, and safe machining practices
- Must be self motivated with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and actively contribute to the success of the team
- Good communication and organization skills with a positive attitude
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.