Royal Boon Edam is a global market leader in entry solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, with 140 years of experience in engineering quality, we have gained extensive expertise in managing the movement of people through office buildings, airports, healthcare facilities, hotels and many other types of buildings.
Veterans and active military are greatly encouraged and welcomed to join our Boon Edam team.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Great benefits package that includes: medical, dental, life insurance, 401k with matching, short and long term disability, Boon Edam pays 100% medical premiums for the employee and their family, PTO, paid holidays, employee assistance programs, and more!
- Advancement opportunities as the company continues to grow
Purpose / General Description:
Responsible for shipping and receiving finished goods from both internal and external sources. Prepare all documents and related forms for shipment and for receiving, and enter the data into the computer. Will prepare orders for shipping, as well as operating a forklift to load and unload trucks. Instrumental in maintaining the organization of finished goods inventory system. Works closely with internal departments to communicate finished goods ready for shipment to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for checking in and out trucks, managing the flow of trucks into and out of the Shipping Department
- Updating time critical documents, and communicating regularly with internal departments, providing exceptional service to ensure customer needs are met
- Manage the communication to internal departments for storage invoices that will be assessed
- Direct drivers to appropriate locations in the yard for the drop-off and pick-up of trailers; load and unload finished goods
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records, and documentation.
- Verifies items received by verifying shipping counts and inspecting condition of items; comparing count/measure/weight of items to internal documents and packing list; noting discrepancies and refusing delivery as needed
- Manage inventory of finished goods and maintains the system to ensure finished goods are organized and stored according to system structure for efficient storage and location of finished goods; ensure inventory documentation in accounting system and physical inventory match
- Manage the flow of completed inventory from manufacturing lines to the finished goods storage areas
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment
- Ensuring proper labels, tickets and weights have been applied to finished goods
- Will act as backup to Logistics Coordinator and use logistics software for basic domestic shipping needs and booking finished good pick-ups
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years' service and/or warehousing, fulfillment, experience; shipping and receiving experience preferred
- At least one year experience shipping small packages with nationally recognized couriers
- Experience shipping finished goods using domestic freight services a plus
- Must possess excellent, interpersonal, communication, attention to detail and organizational skills; communicate clearly in English (verbal and written).
- Forklift certifiable
- Experience with MAS 100 preferred
- Compute basic math; add, subtract, multiple, divide (using whole numbers, fractions and decimals)
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to use a computer keyboard, computer screen, telephone headset and telephone system.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds.
- Requires moderate physical activity requiring agility and manual dexterity, including walking, standing, or bending as well as lifting or moving objects
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.