Royal Boon Edam is a global market leader in entry solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, with 140 years of experience in engineering quality, we have gained extensive expertise in managing the movement of people through office buildings, airports, healthcare facilities, hotels and many other types of buildings.
Veterans and active military are greatly encouraged and welcomed to join our Boon Edam team.
This opening is located at our facility in Lillington, NC.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Great benefits package that includes: medical, dental, life insurance, 401k with matching, short and long term disability, Boon Edam pays100% medical premiums for the employee and their family, PTO, paid holidays, employee assistance programs, and more!
- Advancement opportunities as the company continues to grow
Purpose / General Description:
Lead the supply chain material handling team and activities including the material handling and parts stock room team; physical setup for materials movement, staging, and inventory locations; replenishment processes and visual signals; and waste streams. Seek to continuously improve material handling processes and flow, meet customer needs, and improve performance in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision and leadership for Material Handling, Receiving, and Parts Stock Room team.
- Work with Production team to ensure accurate/timely supply of parts to production lines.
- Monitor, manage, and work to improve the overall effectiveness of Kanban and other replenishment systems.
- Recruit, hire, and train employees on the skills necessary to succeed on the job
- Provide cross-training schedule to promote learning, maintain skills and create flexibility
- Provide effective regular communication to employees
- Provide coaching to address performance problems
- Provide accurate Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity data from your department
- Work with Supply Chain Coordinator team to monitor materials demand characteristics and adjust internal materials systems as necessary to prevent shortages.
- Facilitate cross-functional team activities to solve problems and improve processes
- Lead development and improvement of physical setup of materials flow including floor locations, inventory racking, lineside display, containerization, Kanban, and visuals.
- Work with Continuous Improvement and Production teams to lead development of overall facility layout improvements that adapt to growth and improve performance.
- Manage and improve the effectiveness of the service parts processing systems.
- Bachelor's degree; engineering degree preferred.
- 2 years experience in supervisor role; 5 years experience in materials management.
- Solid understanding of lean manufacturing: 5S, TAKT, Std Work, Kanban, Visual Mgt.
- Experience with part containerization, production line material display, and capital equipment requisition/deployment.
- Strong computer skills to build and utilize analysis tools in MS Excel and MS Access.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to develop skills and critical thinking of team members.
- Demonstrated ability to think in terms of "systems" and work creatively to improve them.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and communicate effectively within a team.
- Good communication and organization skills with a positive attitude.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.