Technical Services Rep
Royal Boon Edam is a global market leader in entry solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, with 140 years of experience in engineering quality, we have gained extensive expertise in managing the movement of people through office buildings, airports, healthcare facilities, hotels and many other types of buildings.
Veterans and active military are greatly encouraged and welcomed to join our Boon Edam team.
This opening is located at our facility in Lillington, NC.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Great benefits package that includes: medical, dental, life insurance, 401k with matching, short and long term disability, Boon Edam pays100% medical premiums for the employee and their family, PTO, paid holidays, employee assistance programs, and more!
- Advancement opportunities as the company continues to grow
Purpose / General Description: Provide technical support for installation, service, and maintenance of equipment to regional managers, distributors technicians, and end-user customers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical product service and support via telephone, face to face, and written communication to resolve any emerging problems that our customers (internal and external) might face with accuracy and efficiency
- Resolve product problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem/troubleshooting; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the technical issue
- Record and track support activities for record keeping metrics
- Follow standard processes and procedures
- Occasional travel (less than 5% of the time) for service support may be required throughout the United States, South and Central America assisting with the installation and service of Boon Edam products
- Provide training to less experienced installation and service technicians
- Provide service and material quotations to customers
- Provide webinar training to distributors and end users
- Provide regional trainings in person to techs and sales
- Enter parts orders as required
- Two year degree in Electrical/Electronic Theory or Plant Maintenance, or similar. Or two years similar field experience
- Must hold a current U.S driver license and be capable of obtaining a US passport for international travel
- Electrical skills, low voltage electronics and high voltage electrical theory
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Electrical circuit trouble shooting abilities
- Strong mechanical skill knowledge with excellent capability in reading and understanding mechanical and construction drawings
- Familiarity with use of hand tools such as cordless drill, hammer, levels, etc.
- Strong communication skills in the following areas: Phone etiquette, active listening, verbal and written communication in English (fluency in Spanish not required but a plus)
- Position requires use of headset/microphone
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to speak and understand Portuguese a plus
- Detailed oriented
- Microsoft Office skills, PC and Internet Explorer knowledge
- Customer focused
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.